There's often a misconception that more automation in customer service leads to less personalization. But with a robust AI that aligns with your brand, AI can provide more personalized experiences — especially on a large scale.
AI offers the opportunity to bring a customer's full history and profile into play, even with thousands of customers. The result? Interactions that are much more individualized.
When it comes to implementing automation and offering customers personalization, it’s not one or the other. In fact, they go hand in hand.
How AI Offers More Personalization at Scale
Because of the amount of data that AI can process in a short period of time, more customer detail can be involved in each exchange.
Here are the main ways that AI can provide customers with more personal experiences.
Provides 24/7 availability: With AI technology, customers can reach someone almost immediately, so no matter the day or time, they receive a one-on-one interaction. Customers don’t have to wait to hear from someone, even if it’s a peak time or outside of normal business hours.
Lowers response times: AI can handle more tickets in a faster time period, offering customers quicker replies and resolutions. When we can address customers’ issues quickly, it makes them feel like they matter as individual customers.
Identifies the most urgent tickets: AI can sort through thousands of tickets and identify the most time-sensitive matters, ensuring that customers who need help quickly will receive it.
Offers proactive assistance: Anticipating a customer’s needs makes them feel seen and cared for. It can also reduce their frustration and time involved. AI can anticipate needs through bringing a customer’s full history and profile into play; identifying pain points then offering proactive solutions.
Seeing customers as people not tickets: It’s easy for agents to become overwhelmed when they’re inundated with requests, especially repetitive tasks. Because of the scale that AI can work at, certain AI systems can help maintain the viewpoint that each request is from a human person. With the right AI partner, you can map your automation to align with your brand and ensure customers receive the personalized help they’re looking for, even on simple issues.
How to Integrate Automation and Personalization: 7 Key Components
For the best success in automating CS operations that are personalized, follow these steps.
- Keep focused on the customer: When you implement your automation, ensure you have the customer top of mind. Language should be kind and helpful. Policies should be customer-centric, aiming to reduce their effort and make the experience smooth from start to finish.
- Pull in customer data: Your AI can process huge amounts of data and algorithms. Pertinent info such as order and account history can help build an individualized and well-informed interaction.
- Design consistent processes: With clear processes that keep experiences consistent across the board, you’ll build more trust with your customers. They’ll know what to expect time and time again.
- Choose brand-aligned language: When your AI mirrors your voice and brand, interactions are more personal. By instilling your unique voice in your AI, customers can feel connected to your company.
- Continue to evaluate: After implementation, monitor your CSAT scores and customer reactions to ensure they feel taken care of.
- Have your reps step in: AI isn’t meant to replace agents or remove them from the CS equation. For certain issues, having a rep take over can give the customer the validation and help they need. Establish smooth handoffs between your AI and agents. Determine which type of tickets need a handoff and at what point the transition should happen.
- Integrate with a customer-centric helpdesk: Whether a ticket is being tended to by your AI agent or one of your human agents, ensure your customers are receiving personalized service every time by leveraging a helpdesk that provides all customer context. Having a customer’s history with your company readily accessible will provide your support staff with the ability to deliver service that is truly tailored to each individual customer.
As you work toward a winning combination of AI and personalization, be sure to work with vendors that have personalization top of mind. Your AI partner should guide you through planning, implementation, and brand alignment
Learn more about Thankful.
Learn More about Gladly.